expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2018

What A Roller Coaster 2018 Has Been!



How's it going my gumdrops? Or should I call you "creepers" on OMG, Anna! What's Going On?! instead?

Let me know what you think sounds better. Gumdrops or creepers?

Yes, I know it has been another month, since last publishing a blog on here and on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns.

What a roller coaster 2018 has been for a number of us! Since the start of this year, it has been extremely chaotic. There's no telling how unpredictable the end of the year will be. I can most definitely say that without a doubt.

I cannot help reiterating how stressful this year has been, especially for me both on and offline. 2018 has been a year of backburning projects, relocations, family funerals, repairs, etc. Luckily, some progress has been made towards the end of this year

Speaking of relocations, it was recently announced that Google Plus is planned to shut down 8/31/19. Considering the fact that their head moderators act trollish and condescending, and that their social media site is mostly a ghost town, good bye and good riddance to Google Plus!

Because Google Plus' moderators blocked, blacklisted, banned me and my blogs, as well as THREATENED to have my entire Google account suspended, 2 YEARS IN A ROW, they are THE MAIN REASON why I stopped blogging for most of 2018. The crooked moderators controlling Google Plus intentionally killed my blog traffic and page views.

More time was spent throughout 2018 searching for a better social media site than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc. I had no such luck finding a better social media site, until 2 weeks ago.

All my friends, subscribers, visitors, etc. can now find me on the social media site, MeWe.
  
PR Newswire: Full Page "Dear Facebook" Letter In The New York Times From MeWe, The Competitor Mark Zuckerberg Refuses To Name

Imagine if Facebook and Google Plus were combined into 1 social media site, had more security with user friendly interfaces, less toxicity, and less division. THAT  is MeWe

Those who are sick of all the other social media sites with their bullshit political propaganda, agendas, division, spam ads, etc. and want to belong to a more interest based social media site with like-minded people, you may want to join MeWe. Recently, I created my own group page on MeWe for OMG, Anna! What's Going On?!

Aside from relocating from Google Plus to MeWe, I managed to submit 3 of my short stories to be reviewed at Writer's Relief, towards the end of last week.

2 of the 3 short stories I submitted for writer reviews were short stories I wrote 12-13 years ago. Even though my work is unpublished, some short stories have been bound to my Creative Writing Chapbook.

Over the last 2 weeks to 5 months, revisions for 6 of the short stories I have written over the last 6-12 years have been made. You're probably thinking to yourselves, "Anna, 6-12 years is a very long time. Why has it taken you so long?"

Battling my own health scare before, during, and after graduating from Carthage College really set me back. Throughout most of my 20's, I was severely ill.

Before my grandfather died in 2004, it was the beginning of what would later become a severe health scare, 2 years later. The first portion of 2006 was when I was the sickest in life.

In 2006, I was supposed to study abroad in Japan the last semester of my college senior year. It never came to fruition.

After my grandfather's death in 2004, my immediate family went through economic hardships. Less than 2 years later, my great-grandmother died. She died the month before my college graduation in 2006.

All the while, the first 6 months of 2006, I was severely ill. By the end of that same year, just when I was recovering from my own health scare, my mother had a severe medical emergency; She suddenly had a seizure.

It took not only a few years for her to be granted disability, but also years for me to be well enough to job hunt again.

Those, who have been my friends and subscribers for the last 5 years on Xanga, Blogster, Horror-Punks, and on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns already know, that I haven't helped my uncle with his company again, since 2013. However, that was due to my uncle appeasing his lying, gold digging, shrew. She micromanaged and purposely sabotaged his company, while plotting to replace ME with her FRIEND'S daughter. Therefore, you can do the math on that catastrophic division.

After my uncle ousted me from his company to appease his shrew, I've had more time to focus on my own content. In other words, I had more time to be the webmaster and blogger on my own website. This cannot be said regarding 2018.

The first part of 2018 was spent finding an oral surgeon, who was willing to accept my insurance for my wisdom tooth to be extracted. It wasn't extracted until 2 weeks before my birthday, 6 months ago.

Meanwhile, the constant interruptions mostly dealing with my mother's neediness, hypochondria combined with actual health problems that she has, doctor's appointments, home repairs, remodeling, and chores occupied most of 2018. I just managed to squeeze in time to revise my short stories for writer's submissions.

As of last Thursday, I feel like I was finally able to accomplish a long overdue goal. Now, I must wait at least 2 more weeks for reviews on 3 of the short stories I submitted. Knowing that I was able to accomplish at least 1 goal for 2018 makes me feel a little better about myself.

Hopefully, the reviews for my short stories are positive. Right now, I could really use some positive news. Like I said earlier, this year has been a roller coaster. 2018 has been so stressful, that I am only 36 and have been forced to recently take blood pressure medication.

If it is possible, I want to publish another blog on my website, It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns explaining about the short stories I submitted to Writer's Relief for reviews.

So, what are your thoughts?

In the following links below, don't forget to find me on MeWe and let me know what you think! Thank you and I look forward to seeing you there!

mewe.com/i/annah614

mewe.com/join/omg_anna_whats_going_on

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers