expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Friday, February 28, 2014

Song Saturday: Siouxsie And The Banshees [Triple Dose]

How's it going lurkers? I have stopped participating in Blogster's Song Saturday Tours and have chosen to adopt Song Saturday, recently. Song Saturday is a fun concept.

Now, that I no longer particpate in the tours, I have LESS pressure on my shoulders because I am sharing whatever I want.

I am doing Song Saturday early. We are supposed to be getting more snow tonight and I will be too busy watching Grimm on NBC and the MMA's on AXS TV. MMA's stands for Mixed Martial Arts. It is nothing like the fake wrestling, that most people enjoy watching on TV. As usual, I digress.

This Song Saturday will be a triple dose of Siouxsie And The Banshees. They are an old Alternative Post-Punk New Wave/Goth Rock band from the late 1970's to 80's. These 4 kooks were originally from London, England.

It is surprising that most people do NOT know about Siouxsie And The Banshees. They highly influenced many bands and artists over several decades.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, Shirley Manson from Garbage, The Cure, U2, Tricky, Massive Attack, Depeche Mode, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, LCD Soundsystem, and TV On The Radio were all highly influenced by Siouxsie And The Banshees.

This is only a short list. I'm giving you a triple dose of my favorite Siouxsie And The Banshees songs. These first 2 songs from their album, A Kiss In The Dreamhouse released months after I was a new born.

Out of "Cascade," "Melt," and "Scarecrow," I don't know which song I like the best. Anyway, here's some Siouxsie And The Banshees:

1) Siouxsie And The Banshees "Cascade" A Kiss In The Dreamhouse (1982)

2) Siouxsie And The Banshees "Melt!" A Kiss In The Dreamhouse (1982)

3) Siouxise And The Banshees "Scarecrow" Peepshow (1988)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers