expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Song Saturday: Maynard James Keenan Block

How's it going lurkers? I can't speak for everyone else, but this past week has been very rough for some of us, especially for yours truly.

On Thursday at 3 AM-ish, I was in the middle of blogging on Horror-Punks.com, when my mother had a seizure. I had to postpone blogging over there for a while, until my mother was feeling better. These last 2-3 days, I barely got any sleep.

If you want to learn more about what I have endured this past week, you're always welcome to read my latest Horror-Punks blog.

On another note, it is Song Saturday. This week, there songs in this block from Maynard James Keenan's bands, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer. 

Last Saturday, I watched AXS TV for most of A Perfect Circle's concert. I would've watched the entire concert but it ran against Bleach and Naruto Shippuden. 

Too bad AXS TV didn't premiere A Perfect Circle's concert earlier in the evening rather than premiering Judas Priest and Lamb of God's concerts before them. 

I suppose I didn't miss very much with A Perfect Circle's performance. Maynard mostly hid himself in the dark.

I don't understand the purpose of Maynard James Keenan fronting 3 bands (Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer), owning a winery and making wine, being an album producer, and actor but at the same time, he is ALWAYS hiding his face.

It is understandable that the man wants his fans to respect him for his talents. However, Maynard is involved in numerous professions, which require him to constantly be "in the publicly eye."

Also, Maynard James Keenan always hated the Hollywood lifestyle and the way fans worship Rock musicians yet he has a home in the Hollywood Hills AND his sycophants believe he's like a god. 

All the while, some find Maynard to be self-righteous.

Maynard may not be as self-righteous as David Draiman from Disturbed, for example. Although, he can sometimes be a self-righteous hypocrite. I believe Maynard secretly hates himself because he is the embodiment of some of the qualities that he hates in others. It's like a reflection in the mirror.

Speaking of Maynard James Keenan's house in the Hollywood Hills, I read earlier this past week, that he is selling it.

Metal Insider: Maynard James Keenan’s house is for sale, is insane

Being an individualist by NOT  conforming to the latest trends, not wanting to be someone's idol god, being reclusive, and having to endure stalkers not only resonate with me, but are also problems that can be empathized by yours truly. Nevertheless, public appearances come with being an entertainer.

Some of my old college friends are both male and female Maynard James Keenan sycophants for fans.

Meanwhile, some of them are like his personal zealots because they consider him to be a god for his "deep philosophies" about life, religion, and society through his lyrics. They worship the ground this man walks on.

Interesting enough, while reading hardDriveRadio's Dirt page, I learned that Maynard does NOT  write Tool's songs. As he sits idle, the band writes the lyrics for Tool's songs. Therefore, this would definitely explains WHY the band always has so many side projects and delays.

Personally, I never put Maynard James Keenan on a pedestal and claimed his as my God like a zealot. 

Like I already said, even though I enjoy some of Tool's and mostly A Perfect Circle's songs, and respect the singer for his talents, Maynard James Keenan is somewhat self-righteous and has the tendency to contradict himself. Oh, I can only imagine the sycophants and zealots reeling over what I just said.

I like A Perfect Circle much better than Tool because A Perfect Circle has a different sound compared to them. I don't particularly care to listen to Puscifer except for their song, "Revolution 22:20," which is featured on the 2003 Underworld Soundtrack. "Revolution 22:20" has a dark yet seductive sound to it.

Today I am sharing some of my favorite songs from Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer. 

Tool's "Parabol" is a separate song from "Parabola," which makes it actually 2 Tool songs.

1) Tool "AEnema" AEnema (1996)

 
2) Tool "Parabol" Lateralus (2001)

3) Tool "Parabola" Lateralus (2001)

 

4) A Perfect Circle "Magdalena" Mer de Noms (2000)

 
5) A Perfect Circle "Blue" Thirteenth Step (2003)

6) Puscifer "Rev 22:20" Underworld Soundtrack (2003); Don't Shoot The Messenger E.P. (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers