expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cartoon Sunday: Edgar Allan Poe's The Cask Of Amontillado [OMG! HE TALKS!]

How's it going lurkers? Before watching Parasyte- The Maxim, Michiko & Hatchin, and Naruto Shippuden earlier this morning, I spent most of last night searching for animated adaptations to Edgar Allan Poe's stories.

I don't know about anyone else, but Edgar Allan Poe helps me get into the spirit of Halloween. This especially applies to this very moment.  

After witnessing a few getting their just desserts, I am somewhat in a celebratory mood. Last week, a YouTube vlogger friend shared a quote on her wall by David Avocado Wolfe. According to Wolfe: 

"Revenge can be bittersweet, but if you sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment." 

The man wasn't lying in the slightest. As much as I LOVE swearing vengeance, I love whenever lowlife scumbags get their just desserts. 

This especially applies when they constantly ruin other people's LIVES and burn bridges with so many people. I would confront those scumbags, but I have decided to sit back and watch the bridges burn.

Speaking of Halloween, there won't be a Cartoon Sunday considering that Halloween falls on Saturday. Therefore, next Sunday will be THE END of sharing more Halloween themed Cartoon Sunday blogs.

These next 2 blogs, you will be getting a double dose of Edgar Allan Poe. When I say "double dose," I mean I am sharing a 3-D animation of "The Cask Of Amontillado." Next Sunday will be "The Tell-Tale Heart."

As I was saying earlier, I spent most of last night hunting for an animated version of "The Cask Of Amontillado." I really hoped to find an animated classic version of Poe's short story. However, there was no such like. I just managed to stumble upon a 3-D animation of Edgar Allan Poe. 

Obviously, somebody is voicing the dead author, while reading "The Cask Of Amontillado." Watching somebody voice the author in 3-D is creepy-looking in itself. It actually made my skin crawl a little.

It has been nearly 20 years, since I last read "The Cask Of Amontillado." In fact, it was a short story we had to read for English Class my high school freshman year. I mostly enjoyed Poe's "The Cask Of Amontillado" because it's a story about revenge.

Yes, my family, friends, and even a few subscribers on other sites will tell you, that I can be a very vengeful person.

Whenever something bad happens, guess who gets the fingerpoints?

Sometimes I will be minding my own business and I will still get blamed. It is highly convenient for others, including the real villian, who loves hiding behind innocent people to do his/her dirty work.

Not that I'm doing the dirty work, but there are other scumbags doing the dirty work for an 8-headed snake. Then, enters the bitch, Karma!

When it comes Edgar Allan Poe's short story, "The Cask Of Amontillado," Montresor swears his revenge on Fortunato. It's ironic that the villain's name is Fortunato.

He ends up in a very UNFORTUNATE position.

Fortunato has a history of purposely hurting the protagonist/1st person narrator, Montresor. Montresor purposely isolates him. 

This is in order to get Fortunato drunk enough to bury him ALIVE in the catacombs. Montresor's family has a history of swearing revenge on those, who have wronged them.

His family's motto is "Nemo me impune lacessit," which translates to "No one attacks me with impunity."

Rather than explaining the entire story myself, it is best to allow you all to watch this creepy 3-D animated video of Edgar Allan Poe. He'll tell you the story of "The Cask Of Amontillado" for today's Cartoon Sunday.

Edgar Allan Poe: "The Cask Of Amontillado" (Short Story Published In 1846)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers