expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Monday, April 4, 2016

How Morbid Am I Really?

How's it going lurkers? Something you all must know about me is that I will ALWAYS be morbid. I was morbid growing up as a little girl and I still am morbid as a woman. There's a lot that friends from high school, college, and cyber space don't know about me. Here's the burning question:

How morbid am I really?

When I was a little girl growing up, during the 1980's and early '90s, I was always very morbid and had a Goth personality. I don't remember "Goth" even being a word back then.

At the time, I didn't need to wear anything morbid, scary, or "Goth" to constantly prove a point about my identity. This cannot be said about today's Hipster Goths, who shop at Abercrombie and listen to Skrillex.

Growing up decades ago, I was always a Horror fan and was born during the era, when the Slasher Horror sub-genre was notorious yet at its pinnacle. 

You may also recall, that I STILL have my talking Beetlejuice doll, dressed up as Lydia Deetz in 2nd grade for the Halloween Parade at my 2nd elementary school, and wore a grim reaper costume 20 years ago for Halloween.

However, I do not remember telling you all about, when I held funerals for my Barbie dolls. You know how dolls are. Their necks break and their heads pop off very easily. 

Growing up, I always used my imagination with dolls. They would go to school, home, parties, church, weddings, concerts, AND funerals.

Remember the days of having case holders for audio tapes? 

Yes, you read that right. I said "tape" and not "cassette." Yep, I'm totally dating myself here. Heaven forbid. As I was saying...

My youngest aunt had a pastel pink tape holder, which went to her radio. I took her holder and used it as a coffin, whenever I held funerals for my Barbies.

I never threw those broken dolls away. Usually, I glued and/or taped their heads and necks back together. It didn't matter if they were broken, I still played with them regardless.

The fact that, Mattel launched Monster High dolls, after I grew up and became an adult makes me feel somewhat cheated, in addition to envious as a woman.

There was no such thing as Monster High dolls growing up, during the '80s and '90s. Had they existed when I was a little girl, I would've made my mother buy them for every birthday and Christmas I had.

How's THAT for morbid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers