expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Song Saturday: Alien Vampires [Double Dose]

How's it going lurkers? For this Song Saturday, I have Alien Vampires. Alien Vampires is an Industrial/EBM band from England and Italy that formed in 2000. 

Aborym's Nysrok Infernalien and Nightstalker wanted to blend the sub-genres, Psy Trance, Industrial, EBM, and Metal. That's basically Alien Vampires' sound, in a nutshell. 

The English-Italian band has recorded 1/2 dozen albums and collaborated with various acts such as Depeche Mode, Suicide Commando, In Slaughter Natives, and Noisuf-X. This is only naming a few.

Several years ago, I was introduced to Alien Vampires' music through the compilation, Industrial Megamix Volume I. If you have never listened to Industrial Megamix Volumes I and II, I suggest listening to them. 

Listening to those compilations helped expose me to more Industrial-Electro from this recent decade. It sucks that Industrial-Electro is no longer popular in America. 

Most younger Millennials and Gen Z'ers have no exposure to Industrial-Electro compared to us Gen 'Xers, Xennials, older Millennials and Gen 'Zers. 

During the '90s, Industrial Metal, Industrial-Electro, and Electronica were more mainstream. Now, all 3 sub-genres are barely acknowledged in America compared to Europe.

It appears that more European countries (mostly Germany and German-speaking countries) are filled with Industrial-Electro. Almost every time I hear an Industrial-Electro song, it is in German.

Why does this particular sub-genre appeal more to the audiences in European countries compared to the American audience?

The more I think about it, the more I realize, that today's American Top 40 Pop and R&B singers have RUINED  Trance, House, and every Electronica sub-genre in general.

2 decades ago, Pop and R&B singers did NOT  use Electronica or Dubstep to sell records. They also did not use auto-tune, in order to sell their albums. Well, at least not to my recollection. 

Overall, Electronica in America sounded much better, during the '90s. This CANNOT  be said for today's Dubstep.

I miss the times when listening to The Prodigy, Fluke, Keoki, The Crystal Method, Daft Punk, KMFDM, Lords Of Acid, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, and Gravity Kills (to list some examples) existed.

Sure, some of these Electronica and Industrial Metal groups, that I mentioned are not American. However, at least they were aired on traditional radio stations.

Daft Punk still gets some airplay. Although, it's only because of Pharrell Williams and the latest sell out, hipster artist, who happens to collaborate with them. Otherwise, Daft Punk would be discarded.

Well, that's enough ranting for now. I will leave you with a double dose of Alien Vampires. Their song titled, "Humans = Cunts" reminds me of Slipknot's "People = Shit."

1) Alien Vampires "Hell S.D." No One Here Gets Out Alive (2007)

 
2) Alien Vampires "Humans = Cunts" No One Here Gets Out Alive (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers