expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cartoon Sunday: Ghost Hunt

How's it going lurkers? Last week, I learned that American Dad will no longer be airing on Fox. WTH? Seth MacFarlane's American Dad has been a part of Fox's Sunday night programming, since 2005.

Starting October 20th, American Dad will NOW  be premiering on Monday nights at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central on TBS. 

I wouldn't have much of a problem with the relocation had it been relocated to Adult Swim. I watch Adult Swim at least twice a week (mostly on Saturday and Sunday nights).

Because Adult Swim nightly airs American Dad, it would've been more logical to air the cartoon's premieres on Adult Swim rather than TBS. I do NOT  watch TBS regularly. 

Usually, I watch the network for the 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story. I use to watch syndicated episodes of Married With Children on TBS because I missed its last few seasons, from the mid to late '90s. Otherwise, I do NOT  watch TBS.

That reminds me, American Dad will now be running against Sleepy Hollow. This sucks! Now, I will have to watch newer American Dad episodes on Adult Swim in syndication.

I am sorry but right now, I love watching Ichabod on Monday nights more than American Dad. Thank you Fox, for once again screwing over your audience!

Why didn't Fox remove Bob's Burgers or The Simpsons from the block?

I quit watching The Simpsons before I was a teenager, and I have always HATED Bob's Burgers. Those are 2 cartoons, that can be canceled or relocated to TBS. Once Desperate Housewives ended on ABC 2 years ago, I started to regularly watch Fox for American Dad and Family Guy on Sunday nights.

Speaking of Adult Swim, I briefly visited its Toonami sub-forum and voted in some of the polls. Based on us Adult Swim voters, most of us want to watch Black Lagoon's OVA's, Roberta's Blood Trail. I have already seen the OVA's. However, that does NOT  mean every viewer has seen it.

Roberta is by far my favorite Black Lagoon character. Then again, she is quite popular. This would explain why she has 5 OVA's dedicated to her. 

Roberta gives every character a run for their money, including Revy. Oh, how I love Roberta. I can't STAND Revy!

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA Roberta Goes Psycho Scene (2010)

Here is something I have been meaning to ask lurkers. 

Should I share Anime in Japanese with English subtitles for Cartoon Sunday?

 There are some really nitpicky Anime fans, who only watch them in Japanese with English subtitles. Then, they are those, who will only watch Anime dubbed in English.

Do you prefer to watch Anime in Japanese or in English?

I watch them both in English AND in Japanese. If it's poorly dubbed in English, I will only watch the Anime in Japanese with English subtitles. So, I have an English dubbed episode of Ghost Hunt.

Ghost Hunt is a Shojo Psychological Supernatural Horror Mystery Drama Anime. It begins with high school freshman, Mai Taniyama and her friends exchanging ghost stories. As she and her friends exchange ghost stories, they are introduced to Kazuya Shibuya.

Kazuya is the 17-year-old, Paranormal Researcher/Manager of the Shibuya Psychic Research Center. He, a few psychic mediums, and exorcists are sent by Mai's high school principal to investigate an allegedly haunted school building.

While they investigate the haunted building, Mai ends up getting into a dangerous situation. A bookcase nearly falls on her. Kazuya's taciturn assistant, Lin Koujo rescues Mai.

Lin becomes incapacitated in the process by the falling bookcase, and she accidentally destroys their expensive camera equipment.

Since he is incapacitated and because Mai destroyed their expensive equipment, Kazuya makes Mai repay her debt by making her work for his company. Mai later nicknames him "Naru."

"Naru" is her short Japanese nickname for Kazuya, which means "narcissistic."

Rather than explaining the entire beginning episode, here's the link to Ghost Hunt in English.

Ghost Hunt: "File 1: Evil Spirits All Over!? Part 1" (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers