expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Song Saturday: Lords Of Acid's Horror Movie

How's it going lurkers? You know what time it is? There are 4 more weeks, until Halloween! Too bad the holiday won't be on a weekend.

The best part about Halloween Season is getting in the mood to watch Horror.

Well, that's the case for me, at least. It's not like I'm a little girl anymore. I cannot go trick-or-treating or participate in Halloween Parades, anymore. 

Growing up, my elementary schools used to annually hold Halloween Parades.

Our families watched and attended our elementary school parades, as we wore our costumes. As soon as our parades were over, we returned to our classrooms and had parties. Those were good times! I don't think any Milwaukee Public Schools allow Halloween parades or parties, anymore. 

Everything is "offensive" in today's hypersensitive, easily triggered, crybaby society.

I enjoy Halloween because it gives me more motivation to watch Horror. Sure, I can watch it anyday of the week but it's not the same.

Slasher Horror has ALWAYS been my favorite Horror sub-genre.

I can't help it. I have always enjoyed watching moral villains stalk, chase, and kill stupid and obnoxious teenagers for revenge. Slashers always made me cheer and laugh sinisterly. I know I'm not the ONLY Horror fan, who feels this way.

Some characters are too dumb and sickening to live. Sometimes I will scream at my TV, "OH, JUST DIE ALREADY! RRRRRR!!! SO DAMN ANNOYING! STUPID!"  You know what I mean?

My aggression rivals sports fans yelling at teams playing their games.

Since I am on the topic of Horror, I have Lords Of Acid's song, "Horror Movie." "Horror Movie" is a hidden track on their 3rd album, Our Little Secret. 

In case you did not already know about Lords Of Acid before today's blog, this Belgian and American Acid House/Industrial-Electro band has existed for the last 2 1/2 decades.

They originally formed in 1988 under the band name, "Digital Orgasm."

Lords Of Acid always had an extremely niche cult following and they continue to make albums. Years ago, it was almost impossible for most of their music to be aired on traditional radio stations. 

The more I think about it, I'm unsure if UW-Parkside's 101.7 WIPZ owned their earlier albums, Lust and Voodoo-U.

Lords of Acid's music was always "tongue-in-cheek" but their lyrics were still REALLY sexually explicit and filled with drug references. Those 2 topics automatically got them blacklisted from American radio stations.

HOWEVER, my co-workers and I managed to air certain songs by Lords Of Acid. Normally, we played "The Power Is Mine" on our radio shows, which can be found on Our Little Secret. 

"The Power Is Mine" is a BDSM song. Meanwhile, "Horror Movie" is rather tame compared to most Lords Of Acid songs. 

"Horror Movie" references to various Thrillers, Slashers, and Horror Comedy Classics such as Psycho, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, The Fly, Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, etc.

Anyway, to keep this Song Saturday blog as short and sweet as possible, here is Lords Of Acid's "Horror Movie."

Lords Of Acid "Horror Movie" Our Little Secret (1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers