expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cartoon Sunday: Stalker From The Cornfield

How's it going lurkers? I have watched my fair share of animation, this weekend. Earlier, I finished watching Hellsing Ultimate OVA 4 on Adult Swim. 

It has been a few years, since I last streamed this particular OVA. I paid very close attention to that scene between Sir Integra and Seras Victoria. I believe Integra found sadomasochistic PLEASURE in Seres tasting her blood.

Hellsing Ultimate OVA 4 "Seres Victoria Tastes Sir Integra's Blood" (2008)

Is it just me or does this scene appear as sexually suggestive?

I am most definitely sensing more than a blood lust between these 2 characters. Later, I need to start a discussion about this scene on Adult Swim.

Before watching my usual shows on the Swimnami Toonami block hours ago, I YouTubed a few Animated Horror Shorts. Some shorts were alright and some were phenomenal. 

So far, I really enjoyed watching Memoria, Stalker From The Cornfield, and Who's Hungry?

Out of those 3 shorts, I currently love Benjamin Oke's Stalker From The Cornfield the most. Stalker From The Cornfield is a Horror Stop-Motion Animated Short about a married couple.

This nuclear family is being stalked by an emotionally disturbed woman, who works alongside them in the cornfields. Whenever the couple shares tender moments, the stalker reacts violently.

I feel the stalker is jealous, bitter, and miserable. I don't know if she is holding a grudge against the husband because he probably dumped or rejected her, or if she is the wife's frenemy.

Maybe the stalker is sociopathic and bitter for not having a happy, loving, nuclear family. Anything is possible.

There is definitely a reason(s) for the stalker's violent behavior. Regardless, she wants to murder someone in the family. The stalker is probably angry at the wife about something.

Even though Stalker From The Cornfield was from 5 years ago, Benjamin Oke did a fantastic job of creating it. I can't help enjoying this short because the content is right up my alley.

Oke looks like he spent a lot of time creating Stalker From The Cornfield. This short could've aired on Adult Swim. 

Then again, Stalker From The Cornfield puts most of Adult Swim's original animation to shame.

Intelligent Adult Swim viewers and posters like yours truly already understand what I'm saying.

I may enjoy watching some of Adult Swim's original animated shorts, however most of their animation is terrible. Squidbillies is only naming 1 example.

Squidbillies Promo (2012)

Talk about dumbing down the younger generation and insulting every American's intelligence. 

Anyway, for this Cartoon Sunday, here is Stalker From The Cornfield by Benjamin Oke.

Stalker From The Cornfield (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers