expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cartoon Sunday: Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1

How's it going lurkers? You're gonna love this. So, 2 Tuesday nights ago, I discovered in an Adult Swim thread that Dish Network removed most of Turner's channels. 

TBS and TNT are the only networks under the Ted Turner umbrella that have not been removed from Dish Network. 

Those 2 channels are covered by a separate contract than CNN, HLN, TruTV, TCM, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang. 

Out of all those listed channels, my family and I only watch 2 of them. Those 2 channels are Cartoon Network and Boomerang. 

We can't watch Boomerang or Adult Swim because Turner and Dish Network couldn't reach an agreement about their contract.

Dish Customers Lose Access To Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, More

My grandmother watches Boomerang for all the older cartoons. The rest of us watch Adult Swim. It's a bundled network on Cartoon Network.

I mostly watch Adult Swim for American Dad, Family Guy, The Boondocks, Robot Chicken, Bleach (which just ended last night), Metalocalypse, and Hellsing Ultimate.

We don't watch Adult Swim nearly as much as we have in the past. Within the last several years, the network shoved all the Anime to late Saturday nights and early Sunday mornings. 

Regardless of the awful programming, we still watch Adult Swim. I checked Dish Network's Facebook page. It has numerous irate customers to respond to about blacking out most Turner networks. 

Based on the comments I read 2 weeks ago, most customers were furious for not having CNN, TruTV, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang.

Dish Network pulled this exact same stunt several years ago with AMC's other networks, which are affiliated with NBC Universal.

Dish Network's customers are so irate, that they are canceling their packages. I don't blame them. 

If I really could, I would cancel the service not because of losing only 2 channels, but because we do not watch most of those other 100+ channels.

I watch slightly more than a handful of Dish's channels alone. Since I'm not paying the bill and because my family watches certain channels, we're stuck with Dish Network.

It's disappointing that John McCain never had his bill passed. He wanted to pass a bill where cable and satellite dish owners could customize our own packages by removing excess channels.

That would've saved customers money. It may sound silly to some people, however it's ridiculous to pay $100's for unwanted channels. It annoys me to have a gajillion sports channels, that none of us watch. We have to pay extra to watch the better channels because they are not on the main Dish package.

I don't necessarily mean Showtime, HBO, and Skinemax. I mean the Japanese channels and other channels, that I would consider watching.

Meanwhile, it's Cartoon Sunday. Remember that Cartoon Sunday blog review I published, which featured Hellsing Ultimate, in March?

Besides learning about Dish Network and Turner's dispute, I also learned that Adult Swim will only air 8 of the 10 OVA's.

Hellsing Ultimate Finale Will Not Air On Toonami

Next Sunday, Adult Swim will air the 8th OVA.

Judging by the network's current late Saturday night/early Sunday morning schedule, I won't be watching Adult Swim. This is until the network acquires the rights to another show(s) I want to watch.

Then again, even if there was a show I wanted, I still would be unable to watch it on Adult Swim. 

Thank you Dish Network and Turner for not settling your dispute! Now, I have extra time to be more constructive and watch better shows on TV and online.

On a more positive note, I managed to grab Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1 online! Funimation Entertainment restricted outside viewers 2 months ago, but we just got lucky today!   

Get ready to watch a kick ass Seinen Horror Action Anime! Anyway, here's Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1!

Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1 (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers