expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Friday, November 7, 2014

R.I.P. Wayne Static/Static-X Tribute Part 1









 

 

Wayne Static's Interview With Artisan News (2009)

How's it going lurkers? On Monday, I learned some rather shocking yet TRAGIC news. Wayne Static from the Industrial Metal/"Evil Disco" band, Static-X died in his sleep on November 1st. 

Wayne literally died 3 days, BEFORE his 49th birthday. The thought of this had me reeling. 

I may not be rolling around on the floor, while crying convulsively over Wayne Static's death, however I was and still am shocked as a Static-X fan. When the band debuted, I was only 16 years old.

"Bled For Days" was featured on the Bride of Chucky Soundtrack in 1998. Static-X's debut album, Wisconsin Death Trip, followed 1 year after.

Before Wayne formed Static-X, he and The Smashing Pumpkins vocalist (Billy Corgan) were in a band called, Deep Blue Dream.

Static-X was very popular, during the late 1990's and early 2000's. In fact, the band reached its pinnacle in 2000. 

Static-X was featured on numerous soundtracks and music compilations throughout the decade.

The Hard +The Heavy Volume 1, Dracula 2000 Soundtrack, Loud Rocks, Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack, and The Crow: Salvation Soundtrack are ONLY naming a few. 

Static-X made 6 studio albums, 1 live album, 1 compilation, 1 video album, 2 extended plays, 14 singles, 2 promotional singles, and 13 music videos.

Wayne Static collaborated with a number of Metal bands and rappers. When you have the opportunity to do so, read the listing of Wayne Static and Static-X's discographies and collaborations on Wikipedia.

There are WAY too many soundtracks, compilations, and collaborations for me to list. Wayne Static's death shocked a handful of his Metal and so-called "Nu Metal" friends. Some of them responded:

Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach vocalist): “RIP Wayne. This is so sad. Too many musicians are dying from overdoses... I know drugs and partying are part of the ‘rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle,’ but damn, how many more gotta die??? Fuck the lifestyle, I want life!!!! See you on the other side, Wayne.”

Billy Corgan (Deep Blue Dream/The Smashing Pumpkins): “I am shocked to hear that Wayne Wells has passed away... He was a real gentleman, and loved music (and Kiss, Ace in particular). Even had his the hood of his car painted with the Kiss logo.”

Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour): “I am absolutely devastated to hear about Wayne Static’s death. A good man and a good friend. My thoughts are with his family and friends.”

Aaron Lewis (Staind): “My heart goes out to Wayne’s family. He was my friend. Many shows and tours together. I’m stunned and shocked. RIP my dear friend #speechless”

Jonathan Davis (KoRn): “Rest in peace, Wayne. I’m speechless right now. I’m losing too many of my friends. I’ll see you on the other side, brother.”

John 5 (Rob Zombie's current guitarist): “Very saddened to hear that Wayne Static has passed away in his sleep.... My thoughts are with his wife and family and friends.”

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil): “Shocked. Waking up with the horrific news someone you knew died is the worst feeling in the world… R.I.P. Wayne.”

Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit): “RIP Wayne Richard Wells. His contributions are timeless.”

Jeremy Spencer (Five Finger Death Punch): “What a shame. R.I.P. Wayne Static.”

Morgan Rose (Sevendust drummer): “Crushed to hear the news of Wayne Static passing away. We played many shows together. Horrible news. RIP Wayne.”

David Draiman (Disturbed): “Goodbye old friend.”

Pete Loeffler (Chevelle): “Just heard about Wayne Static passing away. Sad news indeed. We played with Static-X a hell of a lot over the years. RIP bro.”

Koichi Fukuda (Former Static-X guitarist): “I am still trying to process the sad fact that I’ve lost my dear old friend, Wayne Richard Wells. He was an extraordinary, one-of-a-kind, very special person and also a very gifted artist with a clear vision. On a personal level, he was a smart, kind, caring sweetheart and soft-spoken gentleman. I really loved his dark, biting and sharp sense of humor. We all shared so many great times and also some tough times together like we are ‘family.’...It makes me so sad and angry at the same time that I’ll never have a chance to reconcile with him. I thought the time is the only thing needed for all of us to realize what we had is something so special.”

Tony Campos (Former Static-X bassist): “I knew Wayne for 15 years. Some of the best times of my life were with him. I considered him a good friend. It’s sad the way our friendship ended, but even more sad that we never got to settle things between us.... Even though we were no longer friends the last five years, I held on to a sliver of hope that my old friend would come back."

There appears to be some animosity among Wayne Static's wife (Tera Wray), mostly Papa Roach's vocalist and former Static-X band members. 

The former Static-X band members sent their condolences to Wayne Static's family except Wray.

Meanwhile, she is mostly upset because Papa Roach's Jacoby Shaddix (a.k.a. "Coby Dick") implied, along with other musicians suspecting, that Wayne died from a drug overdose.

According to Wayne's widow and his publicist, he died in his sleep. You can read more about it in the link below.

Metal Injection: WAYNE STATIC's Widow Tera Way Indirectly Calls Out PAPA ROACH Frontman For Spreading Overdose Rumors

Aside from the drama, I have a recorderd interview, that Wayne Static did with The Five Count from this past June. In the interview, he discussed working with Static-X, his solo album, creating the "Evil Disco" music genre, Tripp Eisen's (Static-X/Dope/Murderdolls) statutory rape charges, touring, etc.

Below The Five Count interview is a song from Wayne Static's solo album, Pighammer.

Wayne Static's Interview With The Five Count (2014)

Wayne Static "Thunder Invader" Pighammer (2011)

Tomorrow, I'll have a Static-X Song Satuday block. R.I.P. Wayne Static!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers