expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Song Saturday: Wayne Static/Static-X Tribute Part 2

How's it going lurkers? Today is Part 2 of my Wayne Static/Static-X Tribute. In case you missed the previous blog, I learned on Monday, that Wayne Static from the Industrial Metal/"Evil Disco"/Metal band, Static-X died in his sleep on November 1st.

As I reiterate, he literally died 3 days, before his 49th birthday. I was only 16, when Static-X debuted.

When I originally heard Static-X's "Bled For Days," I assumed it was a NEW  White Zombie song, 16 years ago. A DJ at LAZER 103 also mentioned on the air that Static-X sounded somewhat similar to White Zombie. The moment the DJ played "Bled For Days," I instantly heard the similarities between Static-X and White Zombie. 

Wayne Static and Rob Zombie's vocals sounded similar to each others except Wayne's vocals were deeper.

Static-X debuted the same year that Rob Zombie launched as a soloist. White Zombie had already disbanded.

In 1998, Static-X's "Bled For Days" was featured on the Bride of Chucky Soundtrack. The band's debut album, Wisconsin Death Trip followed shortly after in 1999 and went platinum in 2001. 

Within a decade, the band was featured on plethora of soundtracks and compilations. Over the years, I noticed that Static-X was normally featured on Horror soundtracks. This especially applies to MOST  Vampire soundtracks.

Considering the popularity of Rap Metal a.k.a. "Nu Metal," throughout the late '90s and early 21st Century, the band was amazingly successful. 

Static-X was 1 of the heavier bands in heavy rotation on traditional radio stations and music television.

Wayne Static collaborated with Metal bands and rappers such as Fear Factory's Burton C. Bell, Dead Prez, The X-Ecutioners, Godhead, Mephisto Odyssey, KoRn's Jonathan Davis, Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, Skinny Puppy, Soil, and Run DMC to only name a few.

It has been years, since I played Static-X's Wisconsin Death Trip, their other albums, and other songs, which were featured on various soundtracks and compilations. 

During 2002-2003, Static-X was 1 of the main Metal and Industrial Metal bands I played on my radio show at 101.7 WIPZ (Yes, I know. Me and my nostalgia).

I meant to share a Static-X block earlier this year, but was sidetracked. Well, better late than never. Today is a lengthy Static-X block.

This block contains songs from every Static-X album and a few songs from different soundtracks and collaborative compilations.

1) Static-X "Bled For Days" Bride of Chucky Soundtrack (1998); Wisconsin Death Trip (1999)

2) Static-X Featuring Fear Factory's Burton C. Bell "Burning Inside" [Ministry Cover] The Crow: Salvation Soundtrack (2000); Beneath... Between... Beyond Compilation (2004)
3) Dead Prez Featuring Static-X "Hip Hop" Loud Rocks Compilation (2000)
 
4) Wayne Static "Not Meant For Me" Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack (2002)
 
5) Static-X "So" Shadow Zone (2003)

6) Static-X "Destroyer" Cannibal (2007)

7) Static-X "Lunatic" Cult of Static (2009) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers