expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Song Saturday: The Nameless Wretch [Double Dose]

How's it going lurkers? Last weekend, I said I planned on sharing some darker content for Halloween Season. Today, I have music from a Horror-Punks friend; He belongs to the Horror-Punks Community.

My friend, Charlie JJ Kruger is a Film/Music/Art Critic at Horror-Punks.com. He's also an author and a musician with a band called, The Nameless Wretch. 

Earlier this week, I had a brief conversation with Kruger about his band on Horror-Punks. The Nameless Wretch is a Post-Punk/Hardcore/Drone/Shoegaze band from Olympia, Washington. 

Fugazi, Samhain, David Bowie, Brian Eno, and The Deftones are some of the band's musical influences.

The Nameless Wretch has a full length, 13-track album titled, What Are Heroes? 3 of the 13 songs on What Are Heroes? have been featured in movies. That's along with being aired on radio stations and podcasts.

When asking Charlie JJ Kruger to explain more in detail about The Nameless Wretch, he mostly wanted my opinion about their music rather than him always having to regurgitate his own.

"My feelings are in the music. My opinions and the things I think are important are all layered in there. So, once the song is out, I have kinda said all I have to say about it," he said to yours truly.

As soon as I listened to "Puzzlecutter" and "Living Water," both songs automatically gave me really dark and ominous mental images. They sound like they belong on a Horror soundtrack. 

"Puzzlecutter" is currently my favorite song from The Nameless Wretch. It really sucks me in. I can feel the vibrations of the guitar riffs through my entire body, which is something I have NOT  said about any band's music in years.

I imagine a Slasher Horror "heroine" in Fight-Or-Flight Mode. With "Puzzlecutter" playing as the movie score, she screams as she runs through an ominous dark forest. The heroine is searching for a friend after being separated.

Eventually, they both reunite and try escaping a serial killer. He is chasing them with a chainsaw in his bloody hands. The 2 characters conveniently find a boat in a bloody lake or river and dive into it. "Living Water" continues playing, while they row away from the serial killer.

As both continue rowing, another deranged character simultaneously reaches out his/her hand from the bloody lake or river. Everybody screams and the boat topples. "Living Water" continues to segue into the movie's credits.

Okay, maybe I have watched too many Slashers. Yes, I know. I have such a dark and disturbing imagination.

This could explain why some people think I'm so creepy, besides the sound of my laugh.

If you want to learn more about Charlie JJ Kruger and his band, The Nameless Wretch, you can visit his YouTube channel.

Anyway, this Song Saturday, I have "Puzzlecutter" and "Living Water" by The Nameless Wretch.

1) The Nameless Wretch "Puzzlecutter" What Are Heroes? (2013)

2) The Nameless Wretch "Living Water" What Are Heroes? (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers