expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cartoon Sunday: Happy Harmonies' Alias St. Nick

How's it going lurkers? Yesterday was Saint Nickolas Eve otherwise known as Krampus Day. Today is Saint Nicholas Day. 

Hopefully, dear old Saint Nick left you something special in your stocking.

It's only fitting to have a festive animated short. After all, the holiday has fallen on Cartoon Sunday. 

Earlier, I stumbled upon an old rare gem. Some of you may be familiar with MGM's Happy Harmonies. Happy Harmonies was before my time. 

It was the name of a 36-episode cartoon distributed by MGM, which was produced by Hugh Harmon and Rudolf Ising between 1936 to 1938.

According to what I have read, Happy Harmonies cartoons were very similar to Walt Disney's Silly Symphonies. 

Like I said earlier, these cartoons were before my time. Therefore, I can't comment based on either franchise's cartoons. I can only say I stumbled upon a rare gem by MGM.

Earlier, I finished watching Happy Harmonies' episode, "Alias St. Nick." Through the eyes of a 33-year-old woman, I thought it was a cute yet ANCIENT classic. 

"Alias St. Nick" reminded me of Tom and Jerry except from 1935.

Actually, Tom and Jerry was created in 1940. That cartoon is the same age as my grandmother. Wow! As dated as the cartoon is, I thought Happy Harmonies' "Alias St. Nick" was cute. 

I am bound to be biased, since it was a house with a bunch of cute little mice. The main mouse was awfully "naughty." He kept saying there was no such thing as Santa Claus and continuously tried to prove everyone wrong.

Don't you just hate those die hard skeptics? 

They have to ALWAYS find a way to prove that someone's "wrong" about any little thing in existence, when they refuse to acknowledge that THEY themselves DO exist. It's so annoying.

Anyway, here is Happy Harmonies' "Alias St. Nick" for today's Cartoon Sunday.

Happy Harmonies: "Alias St. Nick" (1935) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers