expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Song Saturday: Scott Weiland Christmas Block

How's it going lurkers? Throughout the week, I meant to publish some other blogs but it's that time of the year when everyone's busy shopping for mostly Christmas gifts. That's along with our house FOREVER undergoing construction and scheduling doctor's appointments.

Throughout this past week, I have been so busy that I have been too tired to function properly. As if being sick the last 2 months wasn't miserable enough, I went from having allergies to another cold.

Aside from having a hectic week, I managed to listen to 1 of Scott Weiland's cover albums yesterday. 

Last weekend, I mentioned that the late Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver lead singer released his own Christmas album. It's titled, The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.

Since I have NOT  kept track of songs written and performed by Scott Weiland over this last decade, I had no idea that he released his own Christmas album in 2011, until he died more than 1 week ago.

I CANNOT help emphasizing how incredibly sad and disappointing it is to learn, that another talented musician died from substance abuse.

Out of the 3 dead Grunge vocalists (Nirvana's Kurt Cobain, Alice In Chains' Layne Staley, and Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland), Scott Weiland was definitely the most talented Grunge vocalist, who died from hardcore drugs. Scott and Layne had more singing versatility than Kurt Cobain in regards to musical talent.

Like I said before to others, I don't discredit Kurt Cobain for having talent. Honestly, I believe that Kurt Cobain was extremely talented, when he illustrated his own art. 

Have you ever seen any of Kurt Cobain's paintings? They were phenomenal!

However, Scott Weiland was a unique frontman. He had the ability to sing in more than 1 musical genre and sub-genre, which was highly underrated about the man. 

While listening to Scott's Christmas cover album, I became really depressed. This was especially when listening to Scott Weiland cover the late Bing Crosby's "I'll Be Home For Christmas." As somebody said on YouTube, listening to him singing the song is a "sad, twisted irony."

Now that Scott Weiland is dead, he will NOT  be home for Christmas with his current wife and children. We as Scott's family, friends, bandmates, and fans wish that he would've went to drug rehab and stayed long enough to get clean for us all.

This is the 2nd Song Saturday in a row that features music from the late Scott Weiland. I just stumbled upon at least 3 music videos/live performances of him covering Christmas songs.

Scott Weiland's live performance of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" debuted on Jay Leno, nearly 10 years ago. Out of the 3 songs for today's Song Saturday block, it is my favorite cover.

1) Scott Weiland "The Christmas Song" [Nat King Cole Cover] The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (2011) 

2) Scott Weiland "I'll Be Home For Christmas" [Bing Crosby Cover] The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (2011)

3) Scott Weiland "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" [2006 Judy Garland LIVE Cover] The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers