expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What Are Anna H's Thoughts About The Real O'Neals?

How's it going lurkers? Last night, I watched The Real O'Neals.  

Throughout the last month or so, ABC constantly advertised, that this Irish American Catholic sitcom was supposed to be premiering March 8, 2016.

The Real O'Neals Promo (2016)

It was NOT  until signing back online, that I discovered that ABC already premiered its first 2 episodes LAST WEDNESDAY, on March 2nd. I never saw any TV promo about The Real O'Neals premiering, last Wednesday. So, I missed the pilot AND episode 2.

You may be thinking, "Well, you can always watch it online." 

That's not always the case anymore with certain primetime shows. Normally, I watched missed episodes of other shows on Hulu or ABC.com.

Over the last few months, certain online streaming sites have changed their layouts and are now restricting outside viewers from watching their shows, UNLESS we're paying subscribers. That in itself is really annoying.

Otherwise, those companies want us to sign in using a social media account. Then, they can track and expose whatever we choose to watch with EVERYONE. It's not that we necessarily have any shows to hide. However, this somewhat feels like an invasion of our privacy.

Aside from those issues, I really like watching The Real O'Neals. It gives me another primetime show to watch, during the week. This is especially on ABC.

Shortly after Desperate Housewives ended 4 years ago, I stopped watching the network. It was NOT  until Fresh Off The Boat premiered last year, that I started watching ABC again.

Now, that The Real O'Neals airs right after Fresh Off The Boat, ABC gave me a full hour of their programming. ABC is NOT  a regular channel, that I watch unless I am watching the local news. 

I barely stay awake to watch Dr. Oz anymore because his show airs, during what I like to call, "My Vampire Sleeping Hours."

As I was saying earlier, I really like watching The Real O'Neals for the humor about Irish American Catholics.

Speaking of Catholics, some are butt-hurt viewers ranting about the show. Their media watchdog groups tried getting The Real O'Neals canceled, before it could premiere on TV.

In fact, I stumbled upon this YouTube vlog condemning and demonizing The Real O'Neals because the vlogger CANNOT  handle any jokes about Irish Catholic Americans.

The Real O'Neals EXPOSED MOCKING CHRISTIANS! (2016)

In a way, I can somewhat understand why certain people would be EXTREMELY offended. ABC mostly has political propaganda on it, which panders to a certain political party. Also, Eileen O'Neal on The Real O'Neals is THE stereotypical and extremely judgmental Catholic Christian Mother with a dysfunctional family. Despite all of those issues, The Real O'Neals is a funny show. 

For a while, I have been waiting to see it. After listening to the preceding vlogger, it only shows that he lives up to all those negative stereotypes about Christian zealots. THAT  YouTube vlogger makes other Christians, who ARE decent people, look ridiculous and brainwashed.

Yesterday, I saw the cast of The Real O'Neals defending their show.

The Real O'Neals Cast Stands By The Show After Criticism From Some Catholics (2016)

Honestly, I agree with the cast. Something that I found to be really interesting and convenient was that The Real O'Neals premiered in March because of Saint Patrick's Day being in March. 

Last night, ABC pre-aired the show's Saint Patrick's Day episode. 

Staring at The O'Neals' Saint Patrick's Day float was the hilarious scene, in last night's episode. At least it was for me, personally. 

They dressed Satan like a leprechaun and put clovers around his eyes. If I had access to a clip or a photograph of Satan dressed for Saint Patrick's Day, I would gladly share it with you all.

As you already know, I enjoyed watching The Real O'Neals, last night after Fresh Off The Boat. 

I can understand why some people would be offended. At the same time, the zealots should put on their big boy and girl pants and stop getting offended about EVERYTHING by learning how to take a joke.

Hopefully, ABC will NOT  cancel The Real O'Neals only to pander to tantrum throwing extremist groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers