expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Song Saturday: Yes' Roundabout

How's it going lurkers? I have some exciting news, in regards to Adult Swim's Toonami block. Yes, I know today's NOT Cartoon Sunday. 

In fact, I am sharing this news for all those, who watch the block. There appears to be a schedule change as of TONIGHT. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders and Tokyo Ghoul have been moved up.

Toonami Regains Half Hour of Programming

It would be nice if Naruto Shippuden was airing at the start of the Toonami block, but I can live with its new timeslot. I believe that The Toonami  Team actually took what I said, earlier this month into consideration on Facebook.

On the official Facebook page for Toonami, I told them that in order for more viewers to have a better chance of watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders and Tokyo Ghoul, both shows should be airing at earlier times. Then, both of their viewer ratings would be higher.

We all know how NEUROTIC Toonami zealots can be over cartoon ratings that were already RIGGED.

Regardless, I am so excited to see Stardust Crusaders! Hopefully, Toonami plays The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian." It is the ending theme song for Stardust Crusaders, after all. 

On April 29th, I published a Song Saturday blog, featuring the band's music video. TALK ABOUT THE SO-CALLED FEELS!!!

Over 3 decades later, I still have The Bangles' album, Different Light on vinyl. 

My mother bought their 2nd album for me, when I was a preschooler. What can I say? Cartoons and music videos were a major part of my childhood, during the 1980's.

Now that I think about it, not too much has changed as an adult. I suppose some can say, that "old habits die hard." 

Meanwhile, the ending theme song for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency was a song I never heard in all my life. That was until last year.

When I heard Yes' "Roundabout" as the ending theme song for Phantom Blood AND Battle Tendency, it reminded me of the 1970's Disco group, Earth, Wind & Fire. Because Yes was a Progressive Rock band from the '70s, Jazz, Funk, Latin, and Disco can be heard in their song, "Roundabout."

This song from their 4th album, Fragile released in 1971. That was 11 years before I was born. 

Considering that I listen to some songs, which happen to be YEARS before my time, it is surprising that I have never heard "Roundabout" on radio stations.

Yes released their song, "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" 1 year after I was born. I have known about that song for the last 3 decades and still love it until this very day.

Speaking of "Owner Of A Lonely Heart," a quick sample of the song was featured in an episode of Battle Tendency. 

The song quickly played, when Joseph Joestar was in the middle of doing his Hamon training with Lisa-Lisa and Caesar Zeppeli, last season.

Since today's Song Saturday blog is mostly about the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise, here is its original ending theme song by Yes.

Yes "Roundabout" Fragile (1971) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood & Battle Tendency Ending Theme Song (2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers