expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Song Saturday: Tristania's My Lost Lenore


How's it going lurkers? This weekend's blogs have an Edgar Allan Poe theme. If you have been friends with me for the last decade or so or have at least been a subscriber of mine within the last 4 years, you already know that I am an Edgar Allan Poe fan. A stereotypical Goth trait. Am I right?

Considering that there are a few songs written about legendary authors, I decided to search for songs written about Edgar Allan Poe. Lo and behold were at least several songs about him.

"My Lost Lenore" by the Symphonic Gothic Metal band, Tristania, really caught my ears. The name of this band sounds vaguely familiar. Tristania comes from Dalane, Norway.

If you have ever read ANY of Edgar Allan Poe's work, the name, Lenore should sound very familiar to you. This is especially if you loved reading his narrative poem, "The Raven."

In the 1845 poem, "The Raven," the character Lenore is assumed to be a deceased wife. Poe wrote a poem specifically titled, "Lenore," which was published 2 years before "The Raven," also.

After listening to Tristania's song, "My Lost Lenore," I instantly thought of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven." The song was written by Morten Veland. If you would like to read the lyrics to "My Lost Lenore," click on the link right HERE.

"My Lost Lenore" was released on Tristania's debut album, Widow's Weeds in 1998. Wow! This album will turn 20 next year and I just discovered this song 2 days ago. Had I known about Tristania YEARS ago, I would've included the band on my music playlist, when I hosted my radio show.

To make up for it, I am sharing this Symphonic Gothic Metal band with you today. Besides, it has been a while, since I last shared any Gothic Metal bands in a Song Saturday blog. 

Better late than never, right? Anyway, here is Tristania's "My Lost Lenore" for today's Song Saturday.

Tristania "My Lost Lenore" Widow's Weeds (1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers