expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Song Saturday: Krampus + More About Saint Nick's Evil Sidekick

How's it going lurkers? Have you been naughty for Krampus or nice for Saint Nicholas? 
Last year, NBC's Grimm premiered an episode about Krampus. I have never heard of Krampus, until last December.

Krampus On Grimm (2013)

I would've learned about him 2 years ago on American Dad. American Dad has an episode titled "Minstrel Krampus."

Krampus & Steve Smith's Duet On American Dad's "Minstrel Krampus" (2012)


"Minstrel Krampus" was supposed to air on Fox in December 2012.

Fox pre-empted the episode, until last December. Because of the controversy surrounding the Sandy Hook Massacre, "Minstrel Krampus" was NOT aired in December 2012.

Leave it up to the media to cause more hysteria than necessary. Don't get me wrong, I empathize with the families of the Sandy Hook victims. They spent their holiday and continue spending their entire lives without their children.

However, American Dad's "Minstrel Krampus" episode had ZERO involvement in a 15-year-old boy, NOT a 20-year-old man murdering innocent children. It's appalling that the media's Mathematical skills are much worse than mine.

2012-1997= 20 years

2012-1997= 15 years

Fox would not air that American Dad's "Minstrel Krampus" because they really did NOT  want to be used as a scapegoat for a 15-year-old boy with mental and behavioral problems, who killed innocent adults and children. Go figure.

The network already knows the media is skilled at condemning and demonizing entertainment. This justifies Fox's reason for unairing American Dad's "Minstrel Krampus" in December 2012.

Since I am on the topic of Krampus, DanniDarkness (1 of my subscribers) published a blog last year on Blogster about Krampus. Unfortunately, I don't know if she removed her blog about him, or if that Blogster glitch deleted it. Regardless, I couldn't locate the link to Danni's Krampus blog.

According to what I have learned about Krampus, he is a beast-like monster that is a part of ancient Germanic folklores. 

Krampus is a black and/or sometimes brown haired demon with cloven hooves and goat-like horns.

On December 5th (Saint Nicholas Eve), Krampus punishes misbehaved children by capturing them in his sack. Then, he carries them to his lair. Some have said, that Krampus even carries them to hell. In the following vlog, Lucas Livingston explains in more detail about the history of Krampus.

Lucas Livingston Explains The History Of Krampus (2012)


After learning a little more about Krampus, I understand why he is depicted as being a womanizer on American Dad. 

When I read DanniDarkness' blog last year on Blogster about Krampus, she mentioned that songs were made about him.

I don't know any of the songs about Krampus, although I found a Metal song about him for this Song Saturday. Listening to the song makes me automatically think about Adult Swim's Metalocalypse for some odd reason.

Today I have a song by Craterface. It's titled "Krampus Carol."

Craterface "Krampus Carol" (2013)


Happy Saint Nicholas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers