expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Song Saturday: The White Coffin Terror's "Silent Night, Deadly Night"

How's it going lurkers? Before I turned off my TV last night, I heard that vinyl records are making a comeback for the younger generations on my local ABC News. The younger generations supposedly like the sound quality from vinyl albums.

I still have some vinyl albums from the 1980's, when I was growing up. Some records are children's Christmas albums. The rest are '80s Rock and Pop albums by The Bangles, Paula Abdul, Milli Vanilli, Dokken, and the '80s Glam Metal band, Cinderella.

By the time of reaching adolescence during the '90s, I bought more Rock CD's. Had I been a little older during the '80s, I probably would've had more vinyl records than CD's.

It has been ~15 years, since I last listened to Dokken's Back For The Attack vinyl album. Suddenly, their classic music video for "Dream Warriors" comes to mind. 

In 1987, "Dream Warriors" was the theme song for A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. Watching Dokken's music video was creepy. Their music video for "Dream Warriors" featured Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.

I remember Dokken's "Dream Warriors" being in heavy rotation on MTV in 1987. Until this day, I don't know what scared me more at 5 years old, Freddy Krueger's skin-burned face or his claws? 

Now that I am an adult, I believe it was Krueger's face. However, I still feel that gremlins are more horrifying than he is because of their fugly eyes. 

Normally, I believe the uglier, the more frightening something or someone is.

For instance, have you ever seen something/someone so hideous that you screamed with horror?

As harsh as it may sound to say about someone, I am sure there are other lurkers reading this blog and completely understand my views. It is SO easy to be frightened by someone or something that's downright hideous.

It is not always the face that can be creepy. Sometimes that person or thing can have the most hideous eyes and you will be creeped out, if not traumatized.

In fact, I watched the shitty remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night, last year. I never had the chance to watch the original Christmas Slasher from 1984, but I did watch the 2012 remake, Silent Night.

Silent Night Trailer (2012)

While watching the trailer for Silent Night, I was instantly frightened by the hideous eyes on that Santa Claus mask. 

Like I already said, it's easy to be frightened, if not traumatized by something or someone so hideous. The eyes on that Santa Claus mask rivals the hideous eyes on gremlins.

Last December, I published a blog on Horror-Punks.com about the Silent Night, Deadly Night remake. Silent Night was a joke. 

Last month, I had a conversation with a fellow Horror-Punk friend, Charlie J.J. Kruger. Even though I have never watched the original Christmas Slasher, we both agreed that Silent Night was terrible.

Watching that bratty, pill-popping, 12-year-old girl literally get tased to death and The White Coffin Terror's song as the ending theme were the best. The Santa Claus mask was the only part of Silent Night, that was scary. 

In 2 more weeks, I will try setting aside more time to watch the original Silent Night, Deadly Night and give a review for it. Watching the Christmas Slasher is not set in stone, but it is my goal.

Since I am already on the topic of songs from Slashers, it would only be fitting to share a little Psychobilly Christmas Music.

Originally, I planned to share The White Coffin Terror next week. Now, I have decided to share them today. 

Anyway, here is The White Coffin Terror's "Silent Night, Deadly Night" for today's Song Saturday.

The White Coffin Terror "Silent Night, Deadly Night" Psychobilly Christmas (2008), Silent Night Ending Theme Song (2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers