expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cartoon Sunday: David Firth's Crooked (Orcus) Rot Vs. Adam Rosenberg's Manny


How's it going lurkers? As you already know, I love animation. Something has been really "grinding my gears," as Peter Griffin says.

Lately, I have noticed how indifferent many adults are, when it comes to watching most animation. All the while, some of those SAME adults will buy tickets to see the latest Disney film at their local theaters.

Those adults don't necessarily have any children yet they will act self-righteous to those of us, who watch more mature cartoons, Japanese animation, and/or simply animation in general. Most adults don't realize that the snobbery is real, in regards to animation.

In Sociology, we are considered to be "social deviants" because adults watching cartoons is "abnormal."

Being an adult, who loves to watch any type of animation, is normally viewed as being "childish," "immature," "nerdy," "weird," or just plain taboo.

I have been watching animation, since the time I was in diapers. In fact, my mother taught me how to record my favorite cartoons on her Beta VCR, when I was only 2 years old.

Throughout these last 3 decades, I watched regular shows and continue to watch them much like whenever I am watching animation in general. 

If you have been paying very close attention to my blogs over these last 2-3 years, you know that Cartoon Sunday is a regularly featured topic on here.

I love watching various types of animation, including animated shorts. Whenever there is an animation that I enjoy watching, I try sharing it with you all.

Last week, I managed to find at least 2 creepy and disturbing Stop-Motion Animated Shorts by David Firth and Adam Rosenberg on YouTube. 

David Firth's "Crooked (Orcus) Rot" and Adam Rosenberg's "Manny" are very similar to each other.

Even though I've never done my own animation, I can surely tell you that these 2 Stop-Motion Animated Shorts required more time to create. 

I commend David Firth and Adam Rosenberg for their hard work. At the moment, I am favoring "Crooked (Orcus) Rot." 

The animation for this short is so dark, disturbing, bizarre, and abstract that it creeps me out the way Horror movies really SHOULD. 

Like I already said, "Manny" is quite similar Firth's short. However, Rosenberg's short left me with a more intense vibe as opposed to feeling creeped out.

Regardless, both David Firth and Adam Rosenberg did phenomenal jobs creating these Stop-Motion Animated Shorts. 

I highly suggest that everyone, who reads the blogs on here, should watch and give the both of these shorts fair chances for today's Cartoon Sunday.

David Firth "Crooked (Orcus) Rot" (2008)

Adam Rosenberg "Manny" (2010)

So, do you still believe that animation is childish, immature, and meant for children? What are your thoughts about "Crooked (Orcus) Rot" and "Manny"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers