expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Follow Up To My Previous Blogs About Sean Yseult

How's it going lurkers? On Tuesday, May 24th, 2016, I DID actually manage to interview the former bassist of White Zombie, Sean Yseult. The interview was somewhat rocky. When I say "rocky," I mean there were some SKETCHY approaches taken, that some of us like moi were unaware of this week. There were also a few technical difficulties we faced live.

To clarify, Sean Yseult, her publicist, and I are NOT at fault for what happened. Some people aren't the best communicators. Sean and I were expecting for our interview to be recorded. There ended up being someone flaking out on the original arrangement, at the last minute. Luckily, there was a backup plan; I wrote down some brief notes, during our interview.

Before sharing the interview with everyone, I will allow Sean and her publicist to read a draft of it. This is in order to make sure there is nothing misprinted by yours truly. I've considered publishing my interview with Sean Yseult in a Q&A format. 

All 12 questions that I asked her will be published and I will share her answers. The goal is to have my interview with her published sometime within the next few days.

Despite the technical difficulties we faced, I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to interview Sean Yseult from White Zombie. She is an immensely talented artist in MANY different ways. Most people have no idea who Sean Yseult is unless they're White Zombie fans like myself.

During our interview, I told Sean that I still have White Zombie in my album collection more than 20 years later, and that I favor White Zombie over Rob's solo albums. 

When you listen to White Zombie and compare them to Rob Zombie's solo direction, you CANNOT  help noticing the differences in their sound. White Zombie was more of a Horror Groove Metal band, whereas Rob Zombie as a soloist evolved into MAINSTREAM Hard Rock. Rob Zombie's newer fans like his more recent works, whereas some of us veteran White Zombie fans from 20 + years ago DON'T.

I am not saying, that I hate Rob Zombie. However, some of us veteran White Zombie fans feel that Rob purposely "sold out." 

Over this last decade or so, Rob Zombie wasted time focusing on being a Horror "filmmaker" rather than being a Horror Groove Metal vocalist. Rob remade Classic Horror Movies for the sole purpose of patting himself on the back and getting praise from Horror film hipsters.

Whenever I read or listen to sycophants, critics, and reviewers praising Rob Zombie about his remake of John Carpenter's Halloween, I instantly shake my head. As much of a Rob Zombie fangirl I was as a teenager, he RUINED Horror films, that did NOT need remakes.

More than anything, I would really love to see a White Zombie Reunion. Knowing that Rob completely discarded Jay Yuenger, Johnny Tempesta, and Sean Yseult, (who was the co-founder of White Zombie) is upsetting for some of us veteran White Zombie fans.

It honestly would NOT surprise me, if Sean was really hurt about being discarded. She had the most history with Rob Zombie out of all their past and present bandmates.

Even though, I did NOT physically meet her for our interview, Sean Yseult seems like she would be someone I could do lunch and/or dinner with. I can imagine us sitting at a table somewhere and discussing various topics. After all, we have a few things in common.

This is all I have to say for now. I must spend time working on my interview with Sean Yseult. Then, she and her publicist have to read and verify her answers, in order to make sure I don't misprint anything. In the meantime, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers