expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Thursday, October 6, 2016

About The Horrors Of Womanhood

How's it going lurkers? As I checked my Google Plus news feed on Monday, I discovered that Susan Leighton was nominated for the Liebster's Award.  

On Monday, she published a blog about her nomination. In that same blog, Susan chose to pay it forward.

Paying It Forward (2016)

Learning that she put me up as a candidate for the Liebster's Award is quite an honor. I really appreciate it, Susan. Thank you!

I find it really interesting, that Susan gave me the title of Webmaster. I never really considered myself a Webmaster. The more you really think about it, I am the webmaster of my website.

Normally, I consider myself a Writer/Blogger/Content Creator/Website Owner. Nobody manages It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns other than yours truly.

Managing a blog dominated website is NOT  the same as simply publishing a blog on a blogging platform.  

Using a free website builder (Webs), I built It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns from scratch. In addition, I built 1 extra page specifically for excerpts of my Short Horror/Thriller Stories.

While talking to Susan Leighton last night on Google Plus, she told me that she read my Horror page. "Across The Street" and "The Horrors Of Womanhood" seemed to have caught her attention. I'm really happy that Susan managed to catch the dark humor in the excerpt I published from "The Horrors Of Womanhood."

"The Horrors Of Womanhood" is somewhat of a misogynistic, Short Horror Story with some elements of Dark Humor. Dr. Wiener (narrator) is like an antagonistic protagonist. He has a grisly backstory of his womanizing step-mother abusing him.

Dr. Wiener caught his step-mother cheating on his father with HER mistress in bed growing up and was physically abused for it. 

Yes, this description somewhat sounds like something from a Jerry Springer episode. However, "The Horrors Of Womanhood" is dark, horrific, and disturbing.

I will even go as far as saying, that "The Horrors Of Womanhood" has the ability to overlap into Crime and Psychological Thriller. WHY? Because the narrator is a misogynistic gynecologist and HAPPENS to be a SERIAL killer!

During the earliest stages of writing this story, I imagined my protagonist/narrator's personality to be a combination of Al Bundy's from Married With Children and Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. 

You ALL know how creeped out I get watching Christian Bale in American Psycho. Patrick Bateman makes my skin crawl. I believe Christian Bale played the role of Patrick Bateman a LITTLE too well.

Because it has been a while, since I last read my own short story, I simply can't remember if Dr. Wiener threw his nurse (Gigi) or another patient of his through a window. Yes, "The Horrors Of Womanhood" is THAT grisly.

It is already traumatizing and painful enough getting shanked by the gynecologist. Now, just imagine having a misogynistic male gynecologist, who takes sadistic thrill in torturing women because of his mommy issues.

I will end today's horrific synopsis for "The Horrors Of Womanhood," right here. Hopefully, no children and helicopter parents have been reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers