expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cartoon Sunday: The Foreigner's Guide To Irish Accents



How's it going lurkers? Hopefully, everyone is enjoying these Irish and Saint Patrick's Day themed blogs, so far. Every time I work on these blogs, I always learn something new.

As I began writing these blogs last week, I stumbled upon this animated vlog about Irish accents. I have not heard many people with Irish accents. 

Normally, I hear those with Australian, British, Mexican, Cuban, and Asian accents. There have been shows and movies that I have watched in the past with American actors playing Irish roles.

Even though I have known for the last 30 years, that U2 is an Irish band, I never paid much attention to Bono's accent. 

Years ago, I did manage to hear the late Glenn Quinn's Irish accent. I was amazed to learn that he was Irish because he spent 7 STRAIGHT YEARS playing as "Mark Healy" on Roseanne.

Glenn Quinn As "Mark Healy" From Roseanne

It was not until Glenn Quinn played the character, Doyle on Angel, that I discovered he was Irish; When the late Glenn Quinn joined the cast as "Doyle" on Angel in 1999, his Irish accent really surprised me. This only proved, that he was a very talented actor gone too soon.

Since today's Cartoon Sunday blog is about Irish accents, here is an animated YouTube vlog from Facts Media LLC. explaining about the different types.

 

Facts Media LLC: The Foreigner's Guide To Irish Accents (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers