expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Song Saturday: The Afghan Whigs' Gentlemen




How's it going my gumdrops? Gumdrops is what I normally call my subscribers and readers on my website, It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. Is that alright with you? Let me know! If you would like to read all the previous blogs I published on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns, simply click on this blog listing.

Speaking of It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns, I published a blog yesterday letting all my gumdrops (readers and subscribers) know, that I will be experimenting with a re-branding on Blogger.

 

Experimenting With A Re-brand On Blogger


As of today, this will be Blog #1 on OMG, Anna! What's Going On?! Normally, I publish Song Saturday and Cartoon Sunday blogs every weekend on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. If you are interested in these types of blogs, that I publish and would love to know why I publish them, click on the following link:

 

Why Do I Publish Song Saturday + Cartoon Sunday Blogs?


If it is possible these next 2 weekends, 2 Song Saturday and 2 Cartoon Sunday blogs with creepy love and possibly disturbing themes will be published for Valentine's Day. All those, who know nothing about me should know, that I am a Horror and Thriller fan, as well as a Horror/Thriller writer. Therefore, you can expect to see CREEPY content being shared in these blogs. 

Speaking of creepy, are you familiar with The Afghan Whigs? The Afghan Whigs is an Alternative Rock band, that launched during the late 1980's. They managed to gain some mainstream exposure, during the 1990's. By the early to mid-90's, Grunge Rock was at its pinnacle. I don't really consider them to be a Grunge Rock band. 

After listening to some of The Afghan Whigs' older songs, they seem more like an Alternative Blues Rock kind of band. During the mid-90's, I always heard of The Afghan Whigs, when I was in my pre-teens or "'tweens."

However, it was not until last year, that I actually saw their music video on MTV Classic for their song, "Gentlemen." Watching the vocalist, Greg Dulli, in their music video instantly gave me creepy vibes. 

In fact, Dulli gave me creepy stalker/voyeuristic vibes in "Gentlemen." He somewhat reminded me of Greg from my short story, The Bill Collector. Greg is a nerdy, red-headed, sales clerk at an electronics store, who is obsessed with the customer, Alice. Greg is so obsessed with Alice, that he pretends to be a bill collector by stalking her beyond harassing phone calls. 

You may be wondering, "What does your short story, The Bill Collector, have anything to do with The Afghan Whigs' 'Gentlemen'"? 

Watch their music video for yourself and see how creepy Greg Dulli looks in "Gentlemen." With that being said, here is The Afghan Whigs' "Gentlemen" for today's Song Saturday.


The Afghan Whigs "Gentlemen" Gentlemen (1993)


Thank you my gumdrops! Don't forget to like, subscribe, share, +1 on Google Plus, and leave your feedback in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers