expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Song Saturday: Lacuna Coil's Swamped

This blog was originally published on Blogster October 5, 2013.

How's it going my Blogsterian friends and subscribers? It's been a while. This Song Saturday, I'm sharing some Lacuna Coil.

If you do not know about Lacuna Coil, they are an Italian Goth Rock band from Milan, Italy. I began listening to this band a decade ago, when they were introduced to the American Rock Industry. 

The band debuted, during the late '90s. However, it was not until 2003, that Lacuna Coil became more mainstream. I have always found Cristina Scabbia to be interesting. 

When I look at some of the vocalist's clothes and other characteristics, it's like I'm staring at my own reflection in the mirror; I see parts of myself in Cristina Scabbia. Crazy, right?

She is older than me by 10 years and 8 days, and we have similar tastes in clothing. It must be a Gemini thing.

I think Cristina Scabbia is a bit like the idol I NEVER had growing up. Well, at least the idol, that I never had as a teenager throughout the mid to late '90s. There were not that many female celebrities or public figures, that resonated with me enough to idolize them, during my youth.

I couldn't help becoming an individualist because there weren't any female role models or idols, that resonated if not captivated me. 

Last year on Cristina Scabbia's official Facebook page, she uploaded a picture of this custom made Barbie doll. The doll was meant to resemble her for her 40th birthday.

Cristina Scabbia's Custom Made Doll

If memory serves me right, a friend/fan of Cristina's made it specifically as a birthday present. 

After Cristina uploaded the doll to her page, all of us Lacuna Coil fans wished her a happy 40th. I mentioned on Cristina's page, that I was turning 30, literally 8 days after her 40th birthday. 

Not only did I wish Cristina a happy 40th and mention our 10-year age gap, but I also complimented her custom made doll. Then, asked if I could use it as a profile picture. 

In a sense, Cristina Scabbia gave me her blessing to use it by clicking the "Like" button. 

I have not used Cristina's doll as a profile picture in a while on Blogster, Xanga, and Facebook. 

When I uploaded it on Facebook and Blogster, people felt the need to make snide remarks about her doll. Those dipshits assume I'm some delusional little girl, who believes that I am Barbie for some reason.

Not only do they assume, that I'm some delusional little girl, but I've also noticed over the last 20 years, that most of the hardcore feminazis begrudge Barbie. They honestly wear their severe body image issues, self-hatred, and inferiority complex like sleeves. 

I loved playing with my Barbie dolls growing up and did NOT  waste time psychoanalyzing her body either. I would only be jealous of a doll like Barbie because she is more successful than I am. Otherwise, I don't want to look like her. Besides, Barbie's not packing a real DD-cup like I am.

Anyway, here is the music video for Lacuna Coil's song, "Swamped" from their Comalies album, which helped make them mainstream.

Lacuna Coil "Swamped" Comalies (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers