expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, October 6, 2013

What Are My Thoughts About KoRn's The Family Values LIVE On AXS TV?

This blog was originally published on Blogster October 6, 2013.

Hey Blogsterians! ~ 2 hours ago, I finished watching KoRn's The Family Values Live on AXS TV. For the most part, most of the bands, that performed sucked ass. Beware Of Darkness, Machine Gun Kelly, and Hollywood Undead suck.

Asking Alexandria was the best band, that performed before KoRn. Honestly, they should've performed as a great lead in for KoRn rather than Hollywood Undead. KoRn performed last. I guess this really fed into the whole "saving the best for last" adage. 

Regardless, I sat through mostly shitty performances. 

I am glad I wasn't in Denver to see that concert because I would've demanded my money back. In a nutshell, Asking Alexandria and KoRn's performances were the best. Everybody else sucked.

I don't know why KoRn had such bad acquisitions for their concert tour. They could've picked better than what they did. KoRn's Family Values Tours always had a variety of Rap and Rock groups on their tours, but at least they were normally good.

Most of the performers were terrible from what I saw earlier. I didn't get a chance to watch the entirety of KoRn's performance because it ran against Bleach on Adult Swim. However, I watched most of their performance. KoRn was the main reason why I watched AXS TV over 2 hours ago.

Since the band is celebrating their 20th anniversary, it would've been more appropriate to have the entire band reunite rather than 4/5 of them.

HardDrive Radio's blogger/interviewer, Roxy, ranted about David Silveria recently on the show's Dirt page. She ranted that David did NOT need to return to the band because he supposedly didn't want to return.

I somewhat have a problem with what Roxy said about David Silveria. She's all for Brian "Head" Welch returning to KoRn but not David? That doesn't make any sense.

David, as well as "Head," were part of the original band. If anything, I would expect for Roxy to have a bigger problem with "Head" returning because he left KoRn, before David Silveria.

"Head" originally left KoRn for his quest to find Jesus, while blaming everyone else in KoRn for his drug abuse. I always thought, that was such bullshit. "Head" abused drugs before and after KoRn was formed. At the risk of sounding self-righteous, none of them should've been abusing drugs, anyway.

D.A.R.E. programs have been around for DECADES and KoRn already knew what happened to all their idols many years ago. They abused drugs out of defiance because they were already warned.

It would be an unrealistically high expectation of mine to think, that musicians do not abuse drugs. I am simply pointing out the facts. "Head" had no right to blame his band for his own drug abuse.

He had and still does have a mind of his own. If "Head" didn't want to be on drugs, he should've never started. Duh!

Like I was saying earlier, I have a problem with what Roxy from HardDrive Radio said about David Silveria. It's absolutely hypocritical for her to be rejoicing over "Head" returning to KoRn, while condemning David, who was ALSO an original KoRn band member to return. 

A real KoRn reunion would be having everyone back together rather than 4/5. I fail to understand Roxy's logic but whatever.

I think KoRn should've disbanded 10 years ago because their albums went from phenomenal to garbage. I have KoRn's first 4 albums dating back to 1994. I did not waste money on their other albums because they were garbage.

KoRn's Issues album was a disappointing Christmas present in 1999 but they temporarily redeemed themselves with their 2002 album, Untouchables.

I don't own Untouchables but, I listened to the album in its entirety when I was a DJ and played some of the songs from Untouchables on my radio show. 

Once KoRn released Take A Look In The Mirror, I was disappointed again like I was with Issues.

About a year or 2 ago, I listened to all of KoRn's other albums from 2003 and beyond on MySpace. Those last albums were not worth investing in.

I didn't get a chance to listen to KoRn's last album. I heard their song "Get Up," which was a Skrillex collaboration. OMG! That was terrible.

Almost everyone in The Music Industry is abusing that Dub Step shit like it's the new Auto Tune, which was why I didn't give KoRn's last album a chance.

I have heard at least 2 of KoRn's latest songs, which are "Love and Meth" and "Never Never." So far, they're not bad. I hope their new album is the best they have released, since 2002.

When I was 12-20 years old, I loved listening to KoRn. After turning 21, their music went down the shitter.

It's not that my musical preferences drastically changed because I still listen to a variety of music genres and sub-genres. Old School KoRn Kids like myself miss the way they were.

After KoRn became more mainstream, their music changed much like most Metal bands have over the last 1-3 decades.

That reminds me, Roxy keeps branding Old School KoRn Kids as "haters" on HardDrive Radio's daily blogs. I resent that. It's a major slap in the face to all of us veteran fans.

Roxy is an old ass, divisive, Baby Boomer who claims that KoRn is her "favorite band," YET she's acting like a butt-hurt sycophant because Veteran KoRn Kids like myself don't share her views. If she and the New Age KoRn Kids like KoRn's newer music, that's their right. 

At the same time, Roxy and the newbies have no right to label us as "haters" because we dislike what their music has become, and because David wants to reunite with everybody just like "Head" decided to do for their 20th anniversary. 

I think I have said all of what I needed. So, what are your thoughts about this whole pseudo KoRn reunion? 

KoRn "Never Never" The Paradigm Shift (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers