expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Featured Post

RIP, TinyLetter & Webs!🪦

Doomsday has arrived for TinyLetter newsletter. Now, I really don't know what to do. Had Vistaprint NOT shut down Webs, I'd still ...

My Blog List

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cartoon Sunday: WatchMojo's Top 10 Horror Based Anime

How's it going lurkers? Last night, I watched the premiere of the Seinen Action Anime, One Punch Man, on Adult Swim. Judging by the premiere, it was a WTF? Moment for me. 

Other than the fact, that it somewhat reminded me of Dragon Ball Z meets Bleach, I don't know what else to make of One Punch Man. The premiere went over my head. 

It does not seem like this will be an Anime that I will run to my TV for and watch every Saturday night. Like I already expected, the Toonami sycophants on Adult Swim overhyped One Punch Man.

I still say that Tokyo Ghoul could've been Parasyte -The Maxim's- replacement. Even though I have yet to marathon Tokyo Ghoul (I only watched the episode 1), I found this Seinen Horror Anime to be more intense than Parasyte.

Speaking of Tokyo Ghoul, I CANNOT  believe that it has already been an entire year, since Chiller TV debuted their Anime Wednesday block, only to cancel it within its first 3 weeks. During commercial breaks, Tokyo Ghoul was advertised more so than Chiller TV's block, Anime Wednesday.

This was no thanks to the bratty middle schoolers and ingrates on Facebook and other social media sites. They griped about a PG-13-rated Horror network airing Horror Anime on a HORROR channel.

It was already outrageous that Chiller TV took almost ZERO initiative to promote their own block for both Horror and Anime fans. This is excluding the fact that most Americans don't possess a satellite package like Direct TV or Dish Network.

There were 12-13-year-old middle school boys on Chiller TV's social media pages, who condescended to fellow Horror Anime fans and myself by telling us to go watch Toonami. That was ridiculous. 

Not to sound like an old lady, but their pompous asses should've either been in bed at midnight, or they should've shut the hell up and watched something else. Instead they ruined a block, which had some potential.

The Anime fans from Adult Swim (mainly the bratty Toonami incels) exacerbated problems by them bitching about Is This A Zombie? being aired on Anime Wednesday. They acted as if Is This A Zombie? was THE ONLY ANIME on the entire block, when there were 3 others to watch.

Could Chiller TV have bought better Horror Anime?

Yes, the igorami in charge of the network really should have. However, I mostly blame Chiller TV for their lack of advertising, considering that the network is owned by NBC Universal. Also, when there are ingrates continuously nitpicking ONLY 1 SERIES the entire time online, it does not help generate MORE viewers to an already niche audience.

Since we're mostly on the topic of Horror Anime, I thought I would share WatchMojo's countdown to their Top 10 Horror Based Anime. Some of WatchMojo's choices I have already seen within the last 4 years or so. 

In fact, some of them have been already shared in Cartoon Sunday blogs over these last 2 years as well. There are a few listed on the countdown from the late '90s to early 20st Century, which I have never seen or heard of until now. The more I think about it, tons of Horror Anime exist and YET  this particular genre gets very little recognition. 

Most Anime and Manga licensors, publishers, and especially ignorant marketers at Adult Swim only want to dumb down and pander to mostly teenage boys and impressionable man-children, who love the cliche supehero stories. Anyway, here is WatchMojo's top 10 picks for Horror Anime.

WatchMojo's Top 10 Horror Based Anime (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Total Pageviews

Followers